Tax Rate for 2023

Town:     $ 3.87
County:  $ 0.81
School:  $17.08
State:     $ 1.77
Total:    $23.53
Equalization ratio: 72.4%

Property Taxes Online

click here to review taxes by name, address, or map/lot.

Credit cards (MC, VISA, Amer Express, Discover) are accepted as payments.

A debit card is processed as a credit card only if the card has a MC, VISA, Amer Express, Discover logo present.  Please note:  There are additional fees to cover the cost of the credit card convenience fees - 2.99% with a $2.50 minimum.  These fees go directly to our third party processor and are not retained by the Town.  Convenience fees cannot be refunded. 


Vital Records


Vital Records Reported in the Town Report: Any Brentwood resident who had a marriage, civil union, birth or death in 2018 in a state other than New Hampshire and would like the event published in the annual Town Report must send a letter of request along with a copy of the "official copy" of the event to the Town Clerk's office. Any Brentwood resident who had an event occur in NH and would prefer not to have the event published must send a letter to the Clerk's office requesting the event not be published in the Town Report.

Town Clerk & Tax Collector

Town Clerk & Tax Collector

Town Clerk / Tax Collector:

Daphne Woss

Deputy Town Clerk / Deputy Tax Collector:

Joyce Keegal

Assistant Clerk:

Heather Haggett

Hours of Operation:

Mon, Wed, Thurs: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tues: 8:30am - 7:00pm
Fri: 8:30am - 4:00pm

Tax Kiosk

click here to review taxes by name, address, or map/lot.

Contact Information

Phone: 603.642.6400 ext. 113 & 114
Fax: 603.642.6310


Welcome. To help familiarize you with the Town of Brentwood’s Town Clerk’s Office, following is some general information. Please feel free to call any time if you have a question. Throughout the State of New Hampshire, the tax year runs from April 1st through the following March 31st. Assessments of your property are made as of value on April 1st of each tax year and appear on your tax bill.

What about Vehicle Registration?

You always start the registration process at your town clerk’s office. We are on-line with the state, which means that we are able to renew your registration, transfer your plates, do new registrations (plates) and order vanity plates. We also have Moose plates, Decal plates, tractor plates, AGRI plates, and farm plates.  We can register trailers, campers, motorcycles, tractors and vehicles up to 26,000 pounds. We also register OHRV and have fishing/hunting licenses. 

What do I bring with me to Register a Vehicle?

Beginning September 1, 2010 any owner or person controlling a vehicle wishing to renew the vehicle registration(s) MUST provide to the Town Clerk a certificate of registration to the same owner for the current registration period. RSA 261:148. The renewal "mailer" notice may also be presented.

As of July 2019, per RSA 261:148, You must provide a valid photo I.D. for ALL motor vehicle transactions.

If you are coming to Brentwood from out of state, you will need to bring the Title to your vehicle. If you do not have that, then bring your current registration and the Lienholders name and address. We will make out a Title Application to be sent to Concord. After Concord hears from the Lienholder, they will send a letter back to you, saying it is okay to register your vehicle.

If you are registering a new car, bought from a NH dealer, you need to bring the blue (Town Clerk’s) copy of the Title Application, or the Certificate of Origin. If you want to transfer your plates, you need to bring your registration from the car that you are transferring from as well as the papers for the new car. They must be in the same name. If you are under 18 you need a parental permission form (DSMV 38) to be able to register or renew your car.

E-Reg - Doing registrations online

We now offer E-Reg. which means that you can go to the Town Website, Town Clerk, find the E-Reg. link, use the code from your renewal letter we send you or the plate # and follow the instructions to renew your vehicle.  You still have to come in to the office if you want to do a new registrations or to transfer plates. 

Mail-in Program for Registrations

If you are not familiar with our program, the Town Clerk’s Office mails a renewal notice to your home around the 1st week of the month previous to the one your renewal is due. You then have the option of renewing by mail or in person. If renewing by mail, we ask that you please read and follow the directions printed on the renewal notice carefully. All registrations are processed promptly and returned to you within 3 business days. If you have any questions please feel free to call the office.

Boat / OHRV Registrations

The Town Clerk’s Office can process boat and OHRV registrations. Whether it is a
renewal or a new boat with the correct paperwork, the registration and
decals can be obtained from this office.

The Town Clerk's Office can also issue hunting and fishing licenses. 

Can I pay with a credit or debit card?

Cash, check and credit cards (MC, VISA, Amer Express, Discover) are accepted as payments.

A debit card is processed as a credit card only if the card has a MC, VISA, Amer Express, Discover logo present.  Please note:  There are additional fees to cover the cost of the credit card convenience fees - 2.99% with a $2.50 minimum.  These fees go directly to our third party processor and are not retained by the Town.  Convenience fees cannot be refunded. 

Where can I find a Notary or Justice of the Peace?

There are Notaries and a Justice of the Peace available at the Town Office. Notaries are available during regular business hours. Please call ahead for the Justice of the Peace's availability. 

What about Dog Licenses?

Each dog over 4 months old must be licensed by its owner or keeper prior to April 30th of each year. Regardless of when the license is obtained, the license is effective May 1 to April 30 of the subsequent year. The Town Clerk shall provide a tag which shall be worn by the registered dog. The tag shall contain the name of the town, the year of issue for the license, and the registered number of the dog
(466.3). Any person who keeps 5 or more dogs shall by April 30 each year pay the required fee and may obtain a group license. Persons applying for licenses shall also furnish verification that the dogs have been vaccinated against rabies (466:a11). Generally, within 40 days from the date that a dog is vaccinated for rabies, licensed veterinarians are required to send a copy of the vaccination certificate to the town or city clerk where the dog is kept. If a valid rabies certificate is on file with the clerk, the owner shall not be required to produce such verification at the time of licensure (466:1A 1 ). Generally, anytime after June 1st of each year the town clerk must give the governing body a list of those owners who have failed to license/renew so that a warrant may be prepared directing the law enforcement officer to issue a civil forfeiture for each unlicensed dog (466:14-effective Jan. 1, 2001 ).

Dog License Fees:

Unneutered/Unspayed: $10.00
Neutered/Spayed: $7.50
Puppy: $7.50
Resident Over 65: $3.00 for 1st dog

Where do I register to Vote?

You can register to vote at the Town Clerk’s Office, a Supervisor's session, or at the polls on the day of the election.  You need to have a Photo I.D. and a utility bill with your name and Brentwood address for proof of residency.   We will also accept a renter’s agreement or deed with your Brentwood address. A domicile affidavit can be provided to you if you are unable to prove residency.  Due to the NH election laws, when registering to vote, you will also need to provide proof of citizenship.  This can be done by providing a birth certificate, passport or naturalization papers.  If you are unable to provide any citizenship documentation, you will be required to fill out and sign a Qualified Voter Affidavit.  

We currently vote at the Brentwood Recreation Center located at 190 Rte. 125 or Swasey Central School at 355 Middle Road.  Please contact the Town Clerk’s office for details. 

You also pick up Absentee Ballots at the Town Clerk’s office.  Request forms are available at the office or you may download them from our website. Election dates and voter registration dates will also be available online.

How can I find out about the town?

You can pick up a form here at the Town Clerk’s Office to have the Brentwood Newsletter sent to you. There is also a website you can visit at

What about Birth, Death & Marriage and Divorce Records?

The Town Clerk’s Office is now on-line with the state so we can obtain copies of births, deaths, marriages, and divorces throughout the state of New Hampshire, as long as they are in the system. We are able to print records from other towns for certain years.  Please call the office before you come to verify that the year you are looking for is available in our system. The cost for the first copy is $15.00 and for each additional copy purchased at the same time it is $10.00 each. Any couple wishing to be married in N.H. must obtain a marriage license from a N.H. Town Clerk. Effective 7/4/2006 a N.H. marriage license is valid for 90 days from the date the intent is filed and the 3 day waiting period no longer applies. The fee for the marriage license is $50.00.