Parks & Recreation Activities
EXETER RIVER FALL PADDLE
First for the first time in nearly 2 decades, Brentwood will be reviving this town event!
When? Saturday September 28th, 10:00am
Rain Date- Sunday September 29th
Where? Departs from the river access stairs on Rowell Road West (off of Haigh Rd)
Destination- Pickpocket Dam
Who can participate? This event is open to all
Cost? There is no cost to participate!!!
What is included? A BBQ lunch will be provided!!!
What does the day look like and is anything required?
- Must bring your own boat. (canoe or kayak)
- Everyone must bring and wear their own life jacket.
- Check in at the Rowell Road entry and must show proof of life jacket.
- The paddle will proceed downriver to the Pickpocket Dam at Cross Rd (about 1hr paddle)
- A lunch of hotdogs and hamburgers will be served.
- Representatives will be on hand to provide information about the river and keeping it healthy during the lunch stop
- After lunch the group paddle will paddle back up the river (very little current) For those not wanting to paddle both ways, limited rides will be available from the dam back to the launch site.
Don't have a canoe or kayak? If you are a resident of Brentwood. You can rent a canoe or kayak from the recreation department (no fee). To rent a canoe or kayak please contact the recreation department. 603-642-6400 ext.120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org All rentals are first come first serve and must contact the recreation department no later than 4:00pm on Thursday, September 26th.
Not up for paddling? VOLUNTEERS NEEDED to help with the event. Please contact the recreation department if you can help out.
This event is jointly hosted by Brentwood Recreation, the Exeter Squamscott River Local Advisory Committee, and the Brentwood Conservation Commission. Any questions about this event please contact the Brentwood Recreation Department
TO REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW